Monday, March 20, 2006

A review of a History of Violence

I just watched a History of Violence last night. I'm kinda mixed in my feelings of the movie. I loved how realistic the violence looked. I loved how brutal it was and I loved the inventiveness and goriness.

I also loved the characterizations, the family, and the actors. I felt that even the slower parts had meaning.

In real life violence is very short lived with a lot of space between and the movie exemplified this.

I didn't like the ending. I felt as though the DVD has skipped right there at the end and severed off the last three minutes or so.

The father comes in and his little girl (who for some reason kinda creeped me out) forgives him and makes him welcome. Then his son does the same. His wife looks at him and then.. the credits start rolling. What the hell?

Does she forgive him or not? Do they stay together or split? What about the town and all their friends, do they forgive what's happened and moved on? What about his dead brother's friends, family, estate and will?

All in all I really liked this movie. I hated the ending though.

If you want an intelligent character driven movie that is interesting and realistic and you don't mind extreme violence, some nudity, and a couple of heavy sex scenes (oddly enough, none of the sex scenes had nudity), than this movie is for you.

If you don't then... well... bugger off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home