Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Trouble that I start...

This... article... is composed of several post between me and another author named Sifolis from the Gamegren website that we write for.

I copied and posted this here so that you will have an understanding of the type of flame wars that I constantly find myself embroiled in.

It's also pretty friggin' funny, if I do say so myself.

The first section is Sifolis' actual published article. The rest of the stuff are the responses between Sifolis and I. Other people posted comments as well and he responds to them, but I didn't want to publish everything here nor did I want to edit anything.

Here ya go...

Sifolis-

Ive seen alot of posts and articals about people's home-brewed realms but after seeing the detials i see they are full of bogus-bull when it comes to taking credit for building a true realm on their own.

it seems everyone has incorperated or taken from existing realms or moduals, and then slapped the "my own realm" tag on it.

Some of these home-brewers have taken the time and energy to fabricate a nice realm with tons of self-made aspects, but when it boils down to realm-mechanics, or monsters, or religeions or simply the cultures of the world-you find that much of it was simply re-used dragonlance,ebberon,greyhawk, etc, junk they took from other artists of fantasy.

so..what i want to know is- how many of you brewers actually would rather cut a finger off then use a pre-made "anything" in your realm? how many of you world-makers really spent the time and energy to really NOT take from any source book or mod? how many of you can actually speak freely and widely about your own gods insted of rambling out the names of published gods? seriously, i would NEVER take a damn name, god, religeion, or setting from anywhere but my own head.

my realm has been active for over 20 years. I have suffered blisterd fingers and red-dry-eyes in the face of crafting over 5 complete books on the realm we play in. and yes, its all mine. Its all "ours" (me n my players).

when i see posts saying its almost impossible to run or create a world that is nothing like another, it makes me vomit. There is only one way you can make absolutly sure that your realm dosnt steal from published sources...not buy them, not read them, not know a damn drop about them.

i admit ive read every source book over time, but my realm was fully working for about 8 years before i even took a look at a single modual. i can plainly and proudly say

"our realm is the birth-thing of my mind and my mind alone" and all those who enter it are painfully aware that

1-my races are my races...you cant assume a damn thing

2-my churches are my churches, you cant assume a damn thing

3-my lands are my lands, you dont know a damn thing about them till you play there or know sumone who has.

4-i have stolen nothing from anyone other then monsters from manuals (and those are often re-crafted) and items from handbooks (and again...fully re-tweeked to make them my-own)

anyone out there feel this way? anyone out there fully agree? anyone out there saying "bull-crap man! thats impossible!?"

just board and at work..looking for sumthing to read.



Calamar-

When I first started reading this article I tended to agree with it in an amused sort of way. The more that I read, the less I agreed with. I'll explain why...

"when i see posts saying its almost impossible to run or create a world that is nothing like another, it makes me vomit. There is only one way you can make absolutly sure that your realm dosnt steal from published sources...not buy them, not read them, not know a damn drop about them."

By writing an article ranting about being original, creative, not stealing from other sources, blah blah blah, I had assumed that you meant making your own material up. Creating from a void is impossible. Fortunately, you were only talking about published roleplaying material. You overlooked the impact that authors such as Tolkein, Jordan, Williams, and Brust have had on the gaming industry in regards to game world design, character design, and adventures. Movies, comics, and TV have also made a serious impact.

"so..what i want to know is- how many of you brewers actually would rather cut a finger off then use a pre-made "anything" in your realm? how many of you world-makers really spent the time and energy to really NOT take from any source book or mod? how many of you can actually speak freely and widely about your own gods insted of rambling out the names of published gods? seriously, i would NEVER take a damn name, god, religeion, or setting from anywhere but my own head."

Inventing names, gods, or religions is impossible without using a source. I combine different real world religions, tweak them a bit, and throw them into the world. They are my creation but they are based on reality. I design cultures based on real ones, and have players pick names that suite whatever culture that they are from. Even Tolkein used real world source material.

"i admit ive read every source book over time, but my realm was fully working for about 8 years before i even took a look at a single modual. i can plainly and proudly say
"our realm is the birth-thing of my mind and my mind alone" and all those who enter it are painfully aware that

1-my races are my races...you cant assume a damn thing

2-my churches are my churches, you cant assume a damn thing

3-my lands are my lands, you dont know a damn thing about them till you play there or know sumone who has.

4-i have stolen nothing from anyone other then monsters from manuals (and those are often re-crafted) and items from handbooks (and again...fully re-tweeked to make them my-own)"


1. You say that your races are your own, but I bet that you have all the stock fantasy races including elves, dwarves, humans, whatever. You probably just tweaked them a bit like Tad Williams did to elves (Sithi).

2. Your Churches are probably a compilation of real world churches. While religion is probably the easiest thing to invent on your own, outside of the land itself, you still probably had some real world base for your religion. The Catholic Church and the Norse Gods are two of my favorites and historically speaking, the favorites of most gaming related authors.

3. By "my lands", I'm gonna assume that you mean cultures as opposed to geography. Again, completely inventing a culture that has no basis in an existing culture is almost impossible. Especially a detailed culture complete with laws, religion, language, holidays, dress, weapons and armor, technological level, fashion, and all the rest.

4. This clause negates your whole article. You write something ranting about how other people aren't creative or dedicated enough to make up their own stuff, and then end it by saying that you do the same thing that you are mad at them for doing.

Freely admitting that you steal monsters from published gaming supplements and then "tweaking" them to fit your world puts you on the same level as the gamers that you've lambasted throughout this article for using elements of published gaming supplements and worlds like DragonLance, Ebberon, and Greyhawk to spice up their world.

If "Some of these home-brewers have taken the time and energy to fabricate a nice realm with tons of self-made aspects" then who cares what it boils down to? Why act all self-rightous when you do the same thing that they do, just to a lesser degree than most?

BTW Spellcheck is your friend. Please use it.

"The best leaders inspire by example. When that's not an option, brute intimidation works pretty well too."




Sifolis-

wow..what a bunch of samatical dorks trying to nit-pick a few holes in a quickly written peice of crap i typed at work in under 3 minutes. but ill try to point out the gaps i found in reading what you retorted.

Almost all of you bring up the fact that an artist must stand on the shoulders of giants, that nothing is born in a void, that everyone in fantasy (game or book) MUST steal from the real world...this is so "duh" that i have to wonder how tight your "fisher-price-my-first-#ickhead-cap" is wrapped around your head.

I was pointedly pointing out the "wrongness" i feel about "stealing" or "using" published works of fantasy...not things created from thin air by looking around your damn world and producing somthing out of thin air just by reflecting your visions onto paper...this is what art is about. i was talking about taking from D&D sources...nothing more. with that said, half the #hit you pompass ass-heads just spat at me is ditched and done. i never once said anyman should create anything without opening his eyes to the world around him..that would be both impossible and stupid.

also...when i said i take two things from the books to use in my game (monsters and items)i ment it (unless you nit picking brats wanna say...'ah! you use RULES! RULES TOO! SEE?! YOUR WRONG!!!). when i say this, i mean that i use elvs, orcs, humans etc...but then again my humans are all man-made, much like dopplegangers, created by a elven wizard named Vaytrhue, who wanted a lesser being to command...no human has a soul. My elves are a shattered demi-god who in a fit of anger lashed out agaisnt a major god and was broken apart into a thousand shards. those thousand elves still live today. the crude are equally have self-brewed design behind their orgins, as does everything in my realm.

now...first off, lemmie say, i didnt post this to read a million posts from people who "steal from works" cus they have no time. I didnt want to read from every dime-a-dozen thief who wants to spit on people who find that sort of thing lazy. In-fact i didnt even tell you how STRONGLY i feel about people like that, i was polite and left it nicely. what i truly feel is this

"people like the lot who returned this post with nothing but rude words or blind stupidity, are lower then i am on the mental ladder. i could prolly walk across your gene pool and keep the tops of my nikes dry"

but i didnt go there...till now. and you took me there, cus your a bunch of #icks!

also, what you read was typed (just like this one) in a ten minute break at work. i was bord, locked in a room with a desk and nothing but this forum to use for communication...i didnt know it was an open line for bitter punks who want to poke holes in conversation just so they can feel "bright" or "better"...i posted this to find other people who have shelvs of #hit dealing with their creations. i just wanted to meet somone like me who has worked making a full world.

as for wondering how valid my creation is as an original work or concept...thats fine...i dont hold any one in bad light for wondering such. becuase i also doubt most people's work or creations for the reason that most people say they "made sumthing" and its just Lord-o-t-rings all over again, or just a dragon-lance story with no attention to pace or plot. fine.

but heres some things ive done...of course you horror-monger #uck-mouthed, semi-sentient-simp-chimps are prolly gunna roll your eyes or just point out typos.

I not only have created a D&D realm in my spare time, but i have more directly spent over 15 years developing and designing a roll-playing game of epic size (8 books now) , its fully illustrated, binded, written and refined by 2 professional editors, and its very close to the time that me and my team try to market it. the process is long and very expensive, but its been a great journy that just turned into a huge adventure...it WILL be published, and its completely revolutionary to the way RPGs are played. the game is currently withgoing its 5th revision in its rules, and is fully playable. it has a huge fan-base of about 50 or so players who are addicted to it. but %uck it, i guess i stole all that info from asia or eygpt or sumthin. whatever.

as for the guy who says "im a dj, i got no time to make a world" shut up dude. im a dj, a real one..and yknow what that means? it means i got over 50-grand worth of tech, and a FAKE JOB that i do on the side. cus thats what a dj is, a fake worker. we both know its about getting ass and making a party happen. its not work. im also in a band with two recording studios (one anolog, one digital) and ive had my band on both radio and local telivision...we pack a house, record 1-2 albums a year, and i produce about 7 bands in my area (some from newyork). but do i still have free time?

free time with

two jobs?

a child?

a girlfriend?

a design team of over 11 people who have created a fully working game complete with binded books that have gone through 5 revisions of editing and rule expansion?

and...a frickin home brewed realm..that i have bled my heart and soul into...

you dorks.

FUCK YOU PEOPLE!

who would want to play any game with a bunch of people who just wanna poke sticks at people cus they are so unhappy with themselvs?

ps- never did i ever say that a realm that has been purchased or stolen from "cant" be fun. I have played in many games where people stole from dragonlance or whatnot..but it was fun. i simply dont enjoy doing that.

but thanks guys..you really did a good job at joing the convo. really. i see why this site gets so MANY hits (5 a week?). must be the company that lurks here waiting to bite, bitch n moan.

pps- also keep in mind...im fricken sexy too. you fat slobs




Calamar -

Ya know, a lot of the things that you said about your world makes it sound very interesting. Having read that and what you have written would have made me very interested in playing the game that you have invented. Even now, I find myself compelled to try it, though more out of morbid curiousity than anything else. You know why?

Because your childish immature tantrum of a post showed that you are not capable of putting together a mature worthwhile intelligent product. Maybe that's why you had so many people helping you. Eleven assistants and two editors, right? That's a lot of help...

It also doesn't help your cause that you don't care enough to use basic grammar. For someone who has written a whole roleplaying game system and a bookshelf full of books, that means that either you don't care and shouldn't be writing here or you're an idiot. Or both, I could go with that.

Keep your venom to yourself.

Thanks




Sifolis-

look punk, im immature? fine..i sure am. it comes from being so damn fun and jolly. i threw a tantrum? hell no i didnt. look brother, if i wanted to waste time in a typed-tantrum, then bet your freeky-deeky-ass that it would be produced with no typos, sharp and witty, and as funny as two-dogs butt-#ucking your mother in the rain. insted i simply resorted to your level and spoke my mind with no care to if i was rude or not...dick.

second, 11 people working on a role-playing game is alot? here i am studying how to publish this one (did i mention one of our team in this is an artist for white-wolf?) ive found that most games take dozens of people (go ahead roach, read a fricken inside-cover and see how many people are involved)

anyway...since you think 11 is alot in a creatiove process, and that you MUST be MORE mature then me...ill just chalk this all up to why your point behind your posts boils down to

"i steal from other realms"

anyway...yes, you rule, i dont.

Sifolis-

one more thing...

why are you so rude? why are you so fast to grab anything you can to smash those who enjoy a common hobby? the post was all about people who steal from D&D published works, yet you turned it into a long-winded river of crap, pointing out that a man must look to the world from insperation and that i am the very thing that i am posting agaisnt cus my cultures and creatures were on planet earth before i wrote about them....

dude, thats going a loooooooooong way to make a man wrong. since that had nothing to do with what i first said.

and bet your ass youd play any game i ran. and you wouldnt want another DM after that, cus im that damn good

im done...so save it for your little cave of blood thirsty virgins. im strong, wicked slick and sexy as drop-dead-anything.

your lucky i dont steal your girl and then give her aids.




Calamar-

Seeing that I have a little over an hour left at work, I think that I'll respond to your... writings.

First of all, if someone states that you are acting immature and throwing a fit and you respond with "Oh ya? Now THIS is throwing a fit!" and cuss a whole bunch, it just proves that you are immature. It doesn't help your argument and it demeans you in the eyes of everyone who reads this.

Using vulgar insults and cussing a lot will do nothing but get what you have written erased from this site or banned from it (young people do come here after all), thus wasting your time and our patience.

I think that 13 people working on one project is a bit excessive. Maybe that's because I have only written in story (or debate) form instead of roleplaying game mechanic form. But I can see how a rule book can take multiple people to get it right. So my bad on that.

BTW, I don't steal from other realms, if you are in fact talking solely about using published roleplaying material. I do take ideas from books (novels), movies, stories, and the real world. I have used ideas in the past from different published adventures, I usually do this by reading the back cover and then writing an adventure based off of it. This is called Trolling for Ideas and is widely used in various forms by most artists.

You ask me why I'm rude? In what way was I rude? I didn't cuss or insult you at all. I did disagree with you though... maybe in your mind that makes me rude. I do admit that my second post was a bit harsher than normal, but it was in response to your less than endearing ranting and is understandable.

You're upset that I (and a few others) assumed that your rant included everything, thus in effect giving us the impression that you were under the mistaken assumption that you can be creative in a vacuum. It's not possible and that's why we responded the way that we did.

Maybe if you had taken a little more time to make your original article more intelligent and clear, then you wouldn't have gotten the responses that you have.

It seems to me that people who boast excessively about their prowess, as you do, tend to fall extremely short of average. Just an observation...

"why are you so fast to grab anything you can to smash those who enjoy a common hobby?"

I don't normally smash people, especially other gamers. Disagreeing with someone and debating things with them, arguing if you insist, is perfectly acceptable as long as both parties act in a mature, professional manner, which is why I haven't stooped to cussing and insulting you overly much so far, I am used to dealing with adults.

If two people believe in ardently in opposing viewpoints, then they will each argue in favor for their viewpoint. Some people do this in a civilized fashion, and some people do it with insults and invective. I am the former and you are rather obviously the latter.

You don't seem to have a lot of potential, but you do have some, and I hope that one day you can grow into it. ;-)

"Why if I thought we weren't friends, I just don't think I could bear it."




Sifolis-

well, potential or not- i have spent my life creating art...music, paintings, albums, stories, two musicals, three published comic books, and a wonderful son. so i see it as ive spent my life creating good things.

and as for my first post lacking clearity on what i ment, re-read it..it states three times, in full sentences, that i was only talking about stealing from published works of game-books and game-mods.

its all there..plain and simple. im only being nice cus i like the site, and know that i am the newbie here. trust me..i fully see things as i was the one being mature first...im sorry if i started to use vulgarity to amuse myself..its simply how i am. im a funny guy, i assure you. and though you cant see that here, through this sort of interaction...trust me..if you knew who i was, you would be like "uh o, thats him being him, for laughs and evil grins"

so i was the bigger man and became humble..to save what? i assure you its not face in the face of faceless people online...

and i didnt brag about my prowess...but if i was going to, id mention all the artistic things i have done that made me feel proud enough to talk openly about my world.
but so be it...nuff said.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Well, Calamar, I must say that I have always thought it was you that started these flame wars on Gamegrene, but it appears that I was wrong. What is up with the people on that site?! You don't swear, call them stupid in the nicest way possible, citing their comments as proof. I think things turn into flame wars because people on that site obviously think they are smarter than everyone else and lack the maturity to back things up.

I'm sorry to say, but, saying that this guy is a DJ, and is in a band does not bode well for his maturity lvl. That does not mean that he can not, or did not create a great world. Did he really think that making a flame post like that would not create a back lash? "Let me call you all lazy, stupid, ignorant, and down right horrible GM's and players. I bet you'll all agree with me!" lol

07 March, 2006 20:09  
Blogger Keko said...

You crack me up. Especially the "...call them stupid in the nicest way possible" comment.

What's really funny is when someone writes a comment that is worse than Sifolis in grammar and spelling and I call them out on it.

Inevitably, someone (an english teacher I recently found out) points out the one mistake that I made.

Give me a break...

08 March, 2006 07:42  
Blogger Keko said...

Hey Sifolis! It's very flattering that you took the time and effort to track me down and comment on my personal blog. I guess a thank you is in order.

Just for clarification, I did not use you because you are funny or entertaining at all. I used your name because I don't plagarise and I don't want people thinking that I made things up or that I write like you did (although I have to say that your writing has improved a dozen times over). I used your writing, and my comments and responses to prove a point.

A lot of my friends and family think that I'm rude and aggressive. They think that I start a lot of arguments, especially online. I used to be that way. Read some of my older comments and post and you'll find that I insult people a lot more. But I grew out of it. I like being seen as the mature intelligent person rather than the immature stupid one.

But no one believed me when I told them that I do nothing to start these little flame wars that I find myself in. That's why I posted our comments and your article. It shows that I'm nice, polite, and while I may disagree with what someone says, I do it in an intelligent, mature manner. I don't need to cuss or to insult people, nor do I disagree with them without cause.

In other words, I don't argue with people for arguments sake. I disagree with them, explain why, and then I sit back and watch them explode. I love to debate with people, it's fun and I'm good at it.



BTW Why would you call someone names and try to insult them for calling you something that you very obviously take pride in? Your writing level is immature and so is what you choose to write. While you do have some very valid points, they are lost in the garbage that is your writing. Don't insult people who agree with you, that's just stupid.


If you want to improve your writing, try reading some books. The more that you read, the better your writing will get. I'd recommend starting with George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series or Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, Thorn trilogy. If that's too high a reading level for you, then try reading the Dragonlance Chronicals by Margaret Weise and Tracy Hickman or Harry Potter.



Another thing; I didn't invite you to this site. You looked it up on your own. If you don't like what I write or how I've written it, then don't read it. I didn't write anything here for you.

You are not entertaining or funny. If you want good example of entertaining and funny follow the Maddox link and read his stuff.

If you do enjoy my writing or if you want to make intelligent comments on what I have written, then please feel free to come back and visit.

Have a nice day!

27 March, 2006 07:36  
Blogger Keko said...

Wow! The most responses that I've gotten outside of friends and it had to be you... 'sigh'.. I guess it's better than nothing. Like usual, I will attempt to respond to your posts. It's hard though because you give me so much ammunition....

First you insult my writing. That's cool. THIS IS A BLOG! It doesn't have to have perfect writing. Fool. I would like to point out that several articles on this blog have been published.

Even if you didn't find my site, you cared enough to pull it up, look it over, comment on it, look it up again.... get the picture? I didn't ask you to come here, you did that on your own.

While you may be funny in the real world, online you come off as an idiot. Sorry, but it's true. I know that writing funny is probably the hardest form of writing, but give me a break. I don't know you, I've never heard nor will I ever hear or see you in person, so all I have to go on is your writing, which is immature, stupid, and mean.



Calling Dawn a "hook" is you showing your ignorance. She mentions several times that she knows me personally and that we hang out together with our families. She and I are both married (to other people) and have been so for several years. We each have kids that are all within a few months of each other (per set). We both roleplay, as do our spouses and someday our kids.

She comments on the fact that I cause trouble because you are not the first, nor the last person to argue with me online. If the person that I debate with uses logic, reasoning, knowledge, and can write clearly enough to be understood, then it is a debate and if they prove their point than I am man enough to admit it and move on.

However, if they, like you did, just start cussing and insulting people, writing illiterate trash and saying "you're wrong, you're wrong" without giving a reason why (or lame reasons), then I will continue arguing with you until I get bored (fat chance with this job) or you clean up your act, which is what you did.


I never erase other people comments. I just respond to them. And I'll continue commenting on this one...

1. Read it again and question why our comments wer the only ones deleted. You were deleted for immaturity and foul language. I was deleted because my comments no longer made sense without you comments because I RESPONDED TO EVERY SINGLE THING THAT YOU WROTE. Just like I am doing RIGHT NOW.

2. Once again for the slow of thought, you may be cute, funny, and clever in person, but not in a written forum.

It doesn't take much to be in a magazine, on TV, or in a newspaper. Look at Paris Hilton. I have been in everything but a magazine. I just don't find it worth bragging about.

You're wrong about the whole puppet show thing, what do you think this blog is other than a way for me to entertain myself?

And this was just another time that some fool went nuke and started frothing at the mouth over something that I said. I guess that you're not as unique and special as you think (and desperately hope) that you are. Of course, this IS the first time that someone like that has followed me here and started commenting. I have to admit that's new.

3. You were rude in the original article that got published on Gamegrene. I was polite in all of my responses. Yes, I have a problem with people who don't bother to use grammar and spelling while posting in a LITERARY FORUM. Dumbass...

I have noticed that your writing has improved massively since I made that comment which proves that:

A. You can write but you were just being lazy and stupid and didn't want to. Maybe you were trying to be cute and funny but found out that you were just dumb.

B. You obeyed me. Get used to it ;-) (That was a joke. I thought that I would explain that one to you sense your sense of humor is so wacked).

I have two articles waiting in que at Gamegrene. Don't hold your breath though. I know that you love my writing, but sometimes it takes months before they get around to publishing things.

PS How am I immature? Because I dissagree with you or because I pointed out your immaturity? Grow up...


Wow, so you actually read books. You even read books with no pictures and you've read some books that I haven't. I guess that makes you ... special.

I've been reading an average of a couple of books a week for 20+ years. I picked fantasy books as examples because YOU ARE RUNNING A FANTASY CAMPAIGN IN YOUR GAMES and so I thought that this would fit you the best. When I used Dragonlance as an example it was with the disclaimer that these books suitable for thise with a lower reading level, which I thought appropriate given your level of writing.

For a more mature reading list I'd recommend:
1. Joseph Campbell, Hero with a Thousand Faces
2. Sun Tzu, The Art of War
3. Myamoto Musashi, Book of Five Rings
4. Machiavelli, The Prince
5. Orson Scott Card, How to write Science Fiction and Fantasy.
6. Stephen King, The Dark Tower series
7. Stephen King, Guide to writing (I can't remember the actual title)
8. Bruce Lee, The Tao of Jeet Kune Do
9. Wikipedia (online)
10. History, culture, and religion (various texts)

I've never read 2,3,5,6,7, or 8 on your list. I might give them a try, but not for a while.

Have you ever noticed that when you make an assumption you just make an ass out of yourself? Yes, you're right, I'm a virgin who has been married for over five years and has two and a half kids. Do you even realize how stupid you are? That information is in my profile and sprinkled liberally throughout my blog. Or did you just read the article that had you in it? Are you that desperate for attention?

If you recall, some of our difference is because I think D&D is stupid.

If someone came up to you cussing a whole lot, barely able to string more than a few sentences together, and started insulting you for a percieved slight what would you do? If that same person came back a few weeks later sounding a little better, but still in the same aggressive for no reason mind-set and stated that they read classic novels and literary greats, what would you think? That they are lying, right? Well...

I'll take you comment that I am trying to mimic Maddox as a compliment. The truth is that I rarely intentionally copy anyone. However, I am constantly reading and writing and some things that I like a lot to find their way into my "voice". Maddox throws in one word insults in his writing. This is something that I've picked up on and use when ranting or responding to people like you.

I only do this on my blog, not on any of the debate or roleplaying forums that I'm on. Why? Because this is my personal writings and those are published writings. The setting doesn't match.


BTW If you hate my site (and me) so much then why are you spending so much time and effort chastizing me? You wrote three comments after I left work. Only one of those comments was short and one was extremely long. Seeing how it was legible, coherent, and relatively free grammar and spelling errors, it's obvious that you dedicated a LOT of effort into sounding intelligent.

It is said that immitation is the greatest form of flattery. While that may be true, I'd have to say that this runs a close second...

Tool

05 April, 2006 08:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One last thing...

Niccolo Machiavelli was known for many things, many books, , deep philosophy on culture and vast emounts of writing dealing with politics...

So why is it, that you, (like most people) point ouyt to a small pamphlet that he wrote, that was widly misinterupted as tolalaterian propaganda? (see what happens when I try to type what I can say with my mouth?)

anyway...lemmie tell you why you know this peice of work (im sure its the only work of Machiavelli that you read...or know of) Its the one thing he wrote that got him fame. All his works are said to be genius (I admit to not reading them...so who knows? I simply know its considered sheek among dorks to read "the prince), but the only work anyone ever credits from him is that pamphlet, cus it rocked a boat or two...its not even big enough to be called a "book" in reading circles.

ok...your turn...feed me words, I'm bord.

06 April, 2006 13:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home