Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sable's Rough Night

Man, what a week...

My brother takes the dog out for a potty break last night around nine. He comes back in and Sable is coughing and sneezing and has foam and snow on her face. Apparently, there were some skunks out and she went after them. She got sprayed right in the face.

I have smelled skunks before, but I've never smelt what they dealt to Sable. The poor dog smelled so bad that it burned my less than sensitive nose. I can only imagine what it did to her. We put Sable in her kennel while we cleaned everything that she touched and my wife called the vet.

The vet told us to make a solution of baking powder, water, and peroxide to wash her with. We took her to the shower, rinsed her off and scrubbed her as best we could. The biggest problem that I had is that my nose got used to it too fast and I wasn't able to clean everything off because I had to smell it out. Bummer.

The window to my bedroom was open and the smell got in. I shut the window because it was cold and we were forced to sleep with that smell in our room all night. It was bad enough that even I missed out on some sleep and I'm workin' an eleven hour shift today... great...

Sable has diahrrea, I don't know if it's the skunk or the chicken bits that I gave her, but she's sploogin' a lot. I can't get mad though, she does it by the door and it's obvious that she tries to make it outside. God I love that dog!

Kat and Jon are less than thrilled with her though...

Poor thing...

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

LOL, I'm sorry about poor sable, but I laughed so hard at this. Poor puppy will know what a skunk is the next time around ~.^

16 March, 2006 16:06  
Blogger Keko said...

Hopefully she will. I wanna borrow a .22 pistol or rifle and go huntin' soon. Our house stinks so bad that we could barely sleep and even my pop cans smell skunkish. It's nasty!

Evil skunks....

16 March, 2006 17:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home