Friday, March 24, 2006

A new hat

So my brother Jon put Sable in her kennel when he was leaving, but he didn't check to make sure that the door latched. Sable, an evil doggy genius, took advantage of Jon's laziness and escaped the confines of her kennel to wreck havoc on our humble home.


Among other things, she chewed up photographs, kids toys, paperwork, clothes, and my Broncos cap. My only summer weight hat, and my only Broncos gear that fits and looks nice, and she ate it.


I mean, this hat was destroyed. Sable didn't just nibble at it, she tore it apart. I guess that Sable is a Bronco hater. Everyone's a critic.


My lovely wife and I took the kids to the mall for a hat hunt. Along the way we also bought birthday presents for her brother, Curtis (this Sunday) and my brother Jon (July 27th). Curtis got a cool little asian letter opener sword thing that sits on a stand and looks real pretty, and Jon got the Muhammed Ali poster that he been drooling over since before he moved in.


I wanted a replacement Bronco hat, but as you may know from my other writings, I'm a pretty big Houston Texans fan as well. There are three hat stores and four sports (clothing) stores in the mall. We found hats ranging from $10 to $30 a pop. All of these were pretty boring hats. There were only two stores with Texans hats, but the style was lame. Bronco hats abounded, but for the most part they were even worse than the Texans and much more expensive.


The last store that we went to were having a sale. Two hats for $22. Unfortunately, they didn't have any Broncos hats. But they did have two very nice Texans hats. One of the hats was awesome, with a white brim and a red bordered blue strip along each side of the brim and the team logo on the front. Very cool.


The other hat was a bit plainer, just a blue cap with the Texans logo on the front. The first hat will be my clean, go-to-work hat. The other one will be my dirty, I-gotta-do-some-manual-labor hat. BTW, my wife looks SO HOT in these hats. If she weren't already pregnant, then she would be soon.


I did get a new Broncos T-Shirt from another store. It's really nice and has the Broncos name and stuff embroidered on the front of it. I almost got a Texans ref style botton down collared shirt, but that was $20 with 30% off and I didn't know if I could wear it to work (I can, I just checked). I may be getting that shirt soon though...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

LOL, if you're not careful, your wife is going to throw your trouble making dog out on her cute little tail. I've heard "I hate that dog" more than once reciently. Hmm, how can you help Sable make it up to her?

24 March, 2006 09:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home