Friday, January 13, 2006

On Writing

You know, it's weird. I'm a writer. I like to write and I feel that I am good at it. Other people tell me so as well. I can write stupid no meaning post like this everyday and ramble on for hours about stupid shit that no one besides myself, and even then we're stretching a bit, cares about and yet I haven't written a book yet.

Why? Because it's a lot of work for one and it's a LOT harder to write consistantly in the third person. I think that I should give it another try. But what do I write about? As I do all my writing while at work, I can't write my fantasy novel about Calamar Veladorna, the character for whom this blog is named after. He's a half elf assassin in a very dark world. Firestorm, a modern day story of a teenage boy rescuing a kidnap victum from her tormentor while in a forest fire can't seem to keep me writing.

All my stories are dark but I'm a relatively happy jokester kinda guy. It's real hard to write funny. I have written lots of rants and essays to help friends in school, on Gamegrene, and on this blog. I need to start writing for myself more, I think.

It's hard though. I don't have a computer or net access at home. Even if I did I have two small kids, a dog, and my wife all clamoring for my attention. I write at while working in a call center which means that I am getting constantly interrupted. In this bit that I've written, I've taken over 100 calls.

I'll think of something lighter. Maybe PG13. I don't think that I could write anything milder than that.

We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home