Friday, January 27, 2006

More Great Quotes

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Billy Madison

You know what mom? You know what I'm gonna get you next Christmas? A big wooden cross, so every time you feel unappreciated for all your sacrifices, you can climb up and nail yourself to it.
The Ref

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Weren't you scared back there?
You bet.
You don't act like it.
Well, I was scared then, but I'm not scared now. How long do you want me to be scared?
Get Shorty

You think we watch any of your movies, Harry? I've seen better film on teeth.
Get Shorty

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes, the danger must be growing
'Cause the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Upon reaching the New World, Cortez burned his ships; as a result his men were well motivated.

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
G. I. Jane

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Fight Club

I have not slept for fear I would wake and find this but a dream.

I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair;
I hate the way you drive my car, I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots,
And the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick;
It even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right,
I hate it when you lie,
I hate it when you make me laugh;
Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it that you're not around,
And the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you;
Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.
10 Things I Hate About You

Searching for a boy in high school is like searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie.
Clueless

Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anybody would miss you.
Clueless

Mel: You mean to tell me that you argued your way from a C+ to an A-?
Cher: Totally based on my powers of persuasion. You proud?
Mel: Honey, I couldn't be happier than if they were based on real grades.
Clueless

Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value.

Wash: Yeah, but psychic? That sounds like science fiction.
Zoƫ: You live on a spaceship, dear.
Wash: So?
Firefly

Inara: What did I say to you about barging into my shuttle?
Mal: That it was manly and impulsive?
Inara: Yes, precisely. Only the exact phrase I used was 'don't'.
Firefly

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.
Robert Frost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home